If you’re rushed in the morning, you’ll love these baked oatmeal cups with blueberries, banana, and eggs for added protein.
They’re perfectly portioned servings of oatmeal in handy to-go muffin form. Grab one or two on your way out the door and you’re set!
(Want more? Try these Baked Oatmeal Cups with Raisins and Walnuts.)
But what kind of oats are best? Rolled? Instant? Steel-cut?
We prefer steel-cut as they’re the least processed, but they also take the longest to cook.
Rolled oats are what most people are used to — they take about 10 minutes to cook and your body digests them a little faster than steel-cut oats.
Instant oats are the most processed and have the highest glycemic index ranking of the three types.
For more on the benefits of oats and how you can modify your oatmeal to make it just like you want it, scroll down for a great oatmeal recipe that you can make ahead of time and take with you on the go.
Baked Oatmeal Cups With Berries and Bananas
These baked oatmeal cups made with banana, blueberries, and oats will help keep you satisfied until lunch! Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 30 mins Total Time 45 mins Servings 12 servings, 1 muffin each Calories 112 kcal
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2½ cups dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, extract, bananas, and honey in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine oats, cinnamon, and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add oat mixture to egg mixture; mix well.
- Add almond milk; mix well.
- Divide oat mixture evenly between prepared muffin cups.
- Top evenly with blueberries.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.