Needing something yummy, and healthy to make for yourself or family breakfast? Try these delicious blueberry maple muffins! They make anywhere from 15-18 muffins and def did not disappoint in our household!
These healthier blueberry muffins taste — and smell — incredible
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare 15 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with spray.
- Combine flours, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine eggs and maple syrup in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Add buttermilk, oil, and extract; whisk to blend.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until just blended.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter among 15 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 13 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown and tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.