Recipe serves ONE.
- 3/4 cup of sliced sweet potatoes (I used white sweet potatoes)
- Cooking spray, like Pam
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of cheddar
- Pico de gallo (I buy mine in the produce section at the grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons of guacamole (I love avocado with garlic salt!)
- Garlic salt (or garlic powder and sea salt)
SWEET POTATO DIRECTIONS (AIR FRYER)
- In a bowl, add sweet potato slices and lightly spray with cooking spray and then lightly sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Set your air fryer to 250 degrees for 10 minutes and add sweet potatoes. Take basket out and shake around after the 10 minutes and set for another 5 minutes.
- If your chips are looking almost done, crank the temperature up to 400 and set for another 3-5 minutes.
- NOTE: My biggest tip with air fryers is to baby them until you get to know yours! Lower temps are better to get the sweet potatoes fully cooked and the higher temps act like a broiler to crisp up at the end!
SWEET POTATO DIRECTIONS (OVEN)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay each slice on a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray and then lightly sprinkle on garlic salt to desired taste.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then flip.
- If any slices are starting to burn, remove those specific ones from the oven.
- Continue cooking in increments of 4 minutes, removing browned ones each time until all of them are fully cooked. Mine usually take a total of 30 minutes to get all of them cooked perfectly.
- If you had to remove a lot of them from the oven, put them all back on the baking sheet and turn off the oven. Leave them in the oven for 2 minutes to warm them all up.
NACHO DIRECTIONS (Start once chips are done!)
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites.
- Over medium heat in a nonstick frying pan, add your eggs and cook like regular scrambled eggs!
- Once eggs are nearly done, add your cheddar cheese. Stir around until cheese starts to melt and then add them over your sweet potato chips.
- Top your eggs and chips with pico de gallo and guacamole! I love to add my pico de gallo to the hot pan the eggs were in to warm them up a bit so they aren’t so cold over my eggs!
2B MINDSET: This is perfect as a breakfast option!
21 DAY FIX: Feel free to use less eggs and less sweet potato chips to make this an even 1 red and 1 yellow. Recipe as is counts as 1.5 yellow, 1.5 red and 1 blue.
PORTIONS: 1.5 carbs, 1.5 protein, 1 healthy fat. Feel free to use less eggs and chips to make this 1 protein and 1 carb serving.