Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Muffins
These Carrot Cake Oatmeal Muffins are a healthy and nutritious way to start your day! Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 30 mins Total Time 45 mins Servings 12 servings, approx. 1 muffin cup each Calories 105 kcal
- 2 cups dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder, gluten-free
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup grated carrots (approx. 1¼ medium)
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple, in 100% pineapple juice, drained
- 3 Tbsp. light sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers. Set aside
- Combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, extract, carrots, and pineapple in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Fold coconut milk mixture into oat mixture; mix well.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating pan after 15 minutes.
- While oatmeal cups are baking, make icing. Combine sour cream and powdered sugar in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Let oatmeal cups cool in pan until you can handle them. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle each oatmeal cup with approximately 1 tsp. icing before serving; serve warm.
As soon as oatmeal cups are cool, place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 1 day. If storing longer, place in the freezer for up to 3 months.