- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2 large breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups instant whole grain brown rice
- 2 cup shredded colby jack cheese (optional–count as extra blue)
- Chopped Romaine Leaves (optional to fill out remaining .5 green container)
- 1/4 cup 2% Greek Yogurt (optional to fill out remaining red container)
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts and stir in canned tomatoes, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker to high and stir in instant rice and black beans. Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
- Add chicken back in, cook for 20 minutes on high, or until chicken is warm.
Serve and top with any extras!
If you use portion fix containers, one serving counts as 1/2 red, 1/2 green, 1 yellow.