This recipe was adapted from 40 Aprons!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced, then separate green and white parts
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 8-oz. can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix (without the dressing)
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha mayonnaise (this makes the entire meal in my opinion! I bought it premade)
- Black sesame seeds
- Green onions, diced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil, white parts of green onions, red onion and garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes, or until red onion begins to soften.
- Add ground chicken, ginger, water chestnuts and sriracha. Cook 7 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add coleslaw mix, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve! Top with spicy mayo, black sesame seeds and green onion!
This recipe serves 4 and 1/4 of the recipe counts as 1 red and 2 greens. Spicy mayo would be counted as additional teaspoons. If you are following 2B Mindset, this recipe is perfect as a lunch option with a side FFC or dinner!
This recipe is amazing as leftovers and tastes just as good the following day!