For an easy to prepare meal loaded with fresh veggies try this healthy teriyaki chicken stir fry. Tender chicken breast, raw honey, and fresh ginger
Course Main Course
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 27 mins
Total Time 42 mins
Servings4 Servings (approx. ½ cup rice and 1½ cups stir-fry mixture each)
Calories 432 kcal A
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Remove from skillet. Keep warm. Set aside.
- Add soy sauce, water, honey, and ginger to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; gently boil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Add onion, bell peppers, and broccoli; cook covered, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add chicken mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until chicken is coated with sauce and heated through.
- Evenly divide rice between four serving bowls. Evenly top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
If you use Portion Fix Containers it counts as 1 Green, 1 Red, 1½ Yellow, ½ Orange, 1 tsp.